Monday, November 13, 2023

A runaway bull on the loose in Brakpan North.



This morning in Brakpan North where I stay there was a runaway bull on the loose.

This young beast had anger issues to be sure! Charging people, charging dogs.

He came running past my house at a speed. I saw him and gave chase. After a brief standoff, this bull ran into the open veld over the road from my house.

I mobilised my community patrollers, and we managed to keep this angry bovine contained.

A local herdsman came and told me that they had been looking for this bull since Thursday evening.

We kept the bull contained in the veld while the herdsman went and brought the rest of the herd to absorb the bull safely.

The video I took was of the bull realising that his herd had come to fetch him.

I must admit, the herd meeting up with this bull brought a lump to my throat.

Written by Drummond Doig

No comments:

Post a Comment

You weathered the storm. Now what?

Being let back onto one’s property after a disaster or emergency can be an emotional time. It’s important to allow emergency personnel and f...